V. Upcoming Events
"PROMISES" ON PBS:
PBS will be broadcasting the film "Promises". "Promises" features seven children who offer a compelling human portrait of the Israeli & Palestinian conflict. The film draws viewers into the hearts and minds of Jerusalemís children by giving voice to those captured by the region's hatreds as well as those able to transcend them.
Find your local broadcast date and time at http://www.pbs.org/pov/promises/airdates.html
BEFORE THE BROADCAST:
1. LOGON to the PROMISES Web site for more information about the film athttp://www.promisesproject.org
2. LOGON to the PBS/Point of View Web site for more in-depth information, including guidelines and curriculum materials, and ideas for follow-up activities. It is at http://www.pbs.org/pov/promises
ON BROADCAST NIGHT:
1. ORGANIZE potluck dinners and watch PROMISES together with friends, youth groups, classes, or discussion groups.
2. ENCOURAGE OTHERS in your educational or spiritual family -- including students -- to view PROMISES for later discussion together.
AFTER THE PBS BROADCAST:
1. JOIN OTHERS ONLINE with your responses and "Talking Back" at the POV Web site at http://www.pbs.org/pov/talkingback.index.html
2. CONVENE A DIALOGUE MEETING of your friends and students to discuss the meaning of PROMISES for you and the future.
Many thanks to Libby and Len Traubman for providing us with this information.